Pages

Friday, November 23, 2012

Thankful for training

I love to have motivational posts and will have many of them, but some posts will also be about training and a quick overview of workouts.

On Wednesday Alex programmed mile repeats, 1:1 recovery, and the 12.5 open workout, Thrusters at 65lbs, and Chest-to-Bar pullups, 3/3, 6/6, 9/9, etc. The mile runs felt good, I am working on my form and pacing the runs to finish around the same time. I hit 7:02, 7:08 and 7:06, respectfully.

For the 12.5 workout, my nerves kicked in a little bit. I know I was nervous for the result; the anticipation of how I was going to do was running through my body. Right before the workout started, a friend of mine asked why I would do that workout again. First thing, it was programmed, so I do it. I will have questions and Alex and I will discuss training and all the details so we are on the same page. Second, since I am doing this workout, I wanted to surpass my score and see what I was capable of after all the hard work that I have put into my training.

My score on this workout during the open was 95 total reps. Once I finished this fabulous workout, :)  I had a total of 113 reps, an 18 rep increase. I was happy to surpass my prior score; I was proud of all the work that Alex and I have been putting into my training.

My biggest area of improvement is gymnastics, pullups, handstand pushups, muscle-ups, so we are working hard to tackle this. Alex has done an amazing job of programming workouts and I am very thankful for all he has done. We are a good team and I am looking forward to all that is ahead.

So to leave on one last note, I am thankful for all the amazing people in my life, family and friends. I am thankful for all the opportunities that have been presented to me. Yes, Thanksgiving just passed, but remember that we should be thankful everyday verse just once a year. Take a second to breath in, close your eyes and smile and tell yourself what you are thankful for; the family or job you have, the jacket you are wearing, your significant other next to you or the coffee you are looking forward to drinking. It is those small things that make a difference. So this post turned a little motivational at the end, but hey, life is good and wanted to share these thoughts.

~ MCA