Pages

Friday, November 30, 2012

Cleansing...

I have a few minutes to put some thoughts into words. I like to have a good amount of time to sit down, digest my thoughts and then finally put them into writing, but sometimes you may not always have a two hour time frame, you may only have ten minutes.

So with my ten minutes, I want to share thoughts on what a day like this brings to my mind. With the rain pounding on the pavement, creating rivers in the streets, sidewalks and driveways, it washes away all the debris and miscellaneous things that get collected. It is a cleansing. What kind of cleansing? Well it is up to you to decide that.

When I think of the rain, a hard down pour or a soft drizzle, I think of a body and mind cleansing. What have we collected in our lives that are not necessary? Are there things in our lives that collect negative or bad energy? Are our relationships, work, personal or family creating positive energy in our life?

I love the rain. I love a cloudy day when the clouds are dark and mysterious, so rich in color that you know a storm is coming. Watching the fall leaves blow in the wind is amazing. Yes I may be infatuated with nature, but I think it is important to be connected in some way or another. Whether you live in the mountains or you are surrounded by trees and some grass in your neighborhood, make some sort of connection with the outside world.

To come back to my main point of a body and mind cleansing; I think it is very important to cleanse ourselves throughout our lives, whether is once a week, a month or even year, go through your life and see what is serving you. Take a look at your relationships and the people in your life. Reflect back on how you do your job and if you are making a difference.

I am reading a book my friend Justin gave me and the author, John Kim, asked the question, "If you died tomorrow, would you feel okay with your contributions on earth?"

This made me feel that I want to make a contributions to my family, friends and loved ones and be a positive influence. I want to be a advocate for positive change. I have had to do my own cleansing a few times, but it has served me well. To go through my life and see what is helping me and what is pulling me down is huge, it has helped me in so many ways. I hope that I can reach out and help others as well.

Well my ten turned into fifteen, but that's okay :)

Enjoy the rain and play in the puddles.

~ MCA