Pages

Friday, December 28, 2012

Wholesome...

It's been a long time since I have sat down and put my thoughts into words. There has been a lot swirling through my mind and body. I want to put my thoughts onto paper to share what I am going through and share my journey.

There are lots of ideas but I want to keep my post simple and to the point. This one is about being wholesome. What is wholesome? Merriam-Webster.com defines it as, "promoting health and well-being of mind or spirit."1 This is part of the equation, but there is more to it.

Wholesome encompasses who you are as a person and what you represent. I have been thinking a lot and have been going through a lot of things in my mind. I have realized a lot of things about my life and experiences that I have gone through, both good and bad, and am asking myself where do I want to head in the future.

I want to be a more wholesome person, I want to surround myself with wholesome people. When I say people, I mean friends. Good friends that are true; who care and are interested in my life and my loved ones that in my life. I think back through my life and of all the people I knew. Some were through school classes, activities and others were through sports and friends. As time has passed and I reflect back; some people were just acquaintances or friends of friends. Others were true friends, people that were genuine, had good souls and truly cared. I want more of the people that truly care around me.

It may have taken some time to realize this and I wish I could have learned this sooner, but I am learning now and making a change. I want to surround myself with great friends. I want to live a life that is full of happiness and joy. I want to approach each day with a positive attitude and make the most of every opportunity.

I have learned a lot this past year and have grown so much. I want to thank Alex for a majority of my growth, he has opened my eyes to so much and I have learned amazing things from him. Thank you baby for all you have done. I also learned a lot from my life coach, Katie, as she has been a huge part of my growth and being my authentic self.  My parents Jane and Roberto and my sister Remy have also been amazing in helping me learn more about myself and life in general. Thank you so much!

So to close my thoughts for right now, reflect on yourself. You have the capacity to make a difference in your life; you have to dig deep and really look inside yourself. Make a change in your life and continue to move forward. One step at a time, day by day, week by week, it will be easier as more time passes. Be patient with yourself, believe in yourself, that you can do it and accept the positive support from those true, genuine friends and loved ones in your life.


1 www.merriam-webster.com

3 comments:

  1. For those that want to share their story or thoughts, feel free to comment or message me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the post and sharing your thoughts. I think the last line is what strikes me the most...being patient, and accepting support. For many people who struggle with self doubt and self sabotaging thoughts (people who have been through bad sitautions, don't trust, have low self esteem for all the tons of reasons people do)...trusting others and being patient and taking it one day at a time is often hard...too mamy people in our society want it all, and want it all to happen NOW. Sadly, it's just not the way the world works for most of us...and it's not just training I'm talking about, but developing strong friendships and relationships you can grow from and within. It's hard...no doubt...but continue to surround yourself with those that go with those goals...and really let go of those that don't and life will continue to improve, be brighter and the goals will continue to become reality. (wow...that was a lot more than I expected to write, but I guess I've been thinking some of the same things lately! :) btw - thank YOU for being YOU...and being one of my coaches at DCF! You'd definitely made a difference many more days than you probably realize lately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments Tristen! So sorry for the late reply, my apologies. I love your feedback and agree that people want things now. Patience is a huge thing a lot of people need to work on, but it will come with time, ironically. I am so glad to have you as an athlete in my classes, you are doing amazing and I know you will do great things in the future. Thank you for all your support, it means so much!

      Delete