Pages

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

My sister



The passing of my sister... wish I could've helped her, wish I could've saved her, but I couldn't. If I called her that day, would I have prevented the accident? Maybe not, but I could've heard her voice one more time.

I sit on the side of the gym, I look up at the clouds, the sun pounds its strength on my legs, while the wind blows across my face. The music from my phone does not stop my tears. I close my eyes and tell her how much I miss her.

I think, if only I was there, if only she had not passed away, where would I be in life? She was the catalyst that propelled me to make sure I live each moment. To be present and appreciate what I have around me as nothing is guaranteed, nothing has certainty past the now.

I know I can't go back and change what happened but sometimes I wish, from the bottom of my heart, that I could see her and tell her how much she means to me and how she taught me so much, without even knowing it.

In the present, all I can do is wipe the tears from my cheeks, take a big breath and look to the clouds once more. She would want me to keep moving forward and to keep enjoying the life that I am in.

Until next time...



~ MCA





3 comments:

  1. I lost my little brother almost 5 years ago. Feels like yesterday. What keeps me going is knowing with out a doubt, he'd want me to live life to the fullest. So I do, in honor of him. It's the best tribute we can give.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Matthew. I'm sorry to hear of your loss Ali, and I agree it's best to live life to its fullest to honor them and their life.

    ReplyDelete