Pages

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Where in the world...

Over the past two and a half months I've had the opportunity to travel to Los Angeles, Hawaii, Utah, San Diego, Hong Kong, Reno, New Orleans, Columbus and Cincinnati. Some trips were for competitions, seminars or special events with my sponsor LifeProof, and some were for training or visiting family.

I have truly enjoyed being able to travel to new places or return to places I've visited in the past. I have learned a lot over these past few months and took a lot of things to heart. I have been able to meet others in the community, while building friendships and it brings a smile to my face thinking just how lucky I am to have crossed paths with them.

There are genuine people in the world with big hearts who welcome you with open arms and it is incredible to see this both near and far.

I have this week at home but then have some upcoming trips that include San Jose, El Paso, Houston and El Paso. A majority of these trips are for Level 1 Seminars but one of the El Paso trips is to visit friends and family, and to train with my training partners Holly Mata and Paul Smith.

While in El Paso, Alex and I will be looking for places to live, as we are planning to move there at the end of the year. It's been an amazing time in California, meeting friends and enjoying life here, but as our lease ends in December, we've decided to move elsewhere for some time. Friends, family and training partners have drawn our attention to El Paso, as it is nestled in a higher elevation and is one of the safest cities in the country. I'm excited to move and live in a new area for awhile and coach for an amazing gym GetLifted, with such humble owners Maribel and Paul Smith.

Moving around when I was younger was fun, as my sisters and I got to explore a new town and our new home. I see this as an opportunity to explore this city, meet new friends, but equally important, this is an opportunity to elevate my training which is the catalyst I believe will get me on the podium at the 2015 Games. I will miss our friends and family and all the friendships that we have made over the years but it is not goodbye.

There are opportunities that come to you in life and when they present themselves, make the most of them.

~ MCA

No comments:

Post a Comment