Pages

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Thoughts...

I have been meaning to write some thoughts down for a while now, but as I go to the computer and type, I get stuck and am at a loss for words. I think it is a combination of wanting to talk about everything that has been going on in my life and wanting it to sound fluid and perfect right away.

The last time I had the chance to sit down and write a little was in January, and that was a very brief moment. I wanted to just take some time and write ideas, questions and phrases that popped into my mind or have been swirling around for some time now. No agenda, just thoughts that I wanted to express...

What is the purpose of life? Is it to uncover your untapped potential; is it to help others in their life? Is it to travel the world and see the beauty in foreign countries, or build a place of beauty around ourselves?

What is it to succeed in life? How do we define ourselves, by our work, our happiness, our material possessions? What defines us, our attitude in life, our family, our passion? 

What happens when someone close is taken from you, does is spark a light inside you to really start to live life or does it crush your heart or both?

A song that has some meaning to it.... 

Another turning point
A fork stuck in the road
Time grabs you by the wrist
Directs you where to go

So make the best of this test
And don't ask why
It's not a question 
But a lesson learned in time

It's a something unpredictable 
But in the end it's right
I hope you had the time of your life

So take the photographs
And still frames in your mind
Hang it on a shelf
In good health and good time

Tattoos of memories
And dead skin on trial
For what it's worth
It was worth all the while

It's something unpredictable
But in the end it's right
I hope you had the time of your life

It's something unpredictable
But in the end it's right 
I hope you had the time of your life

It's something unpredictable
But in the end it's right
I hope you had the time of your life


This is 'Time Of Your Life' by Green Day (written by Frank Wright Iii, Mike Pritchard, Bille Joe Armstrong). This song reminds me of my sister Kerstin who passed away in 2008. She was someone who had the time of her life each day, she lived each moment to its fullest and it was amazing to watch and truly see someone who didn't hold back. 

I learned from her to really live in each moment, as you are not guaranteed the next one. There was a time where my heart was crushed by her passing and it still hurts to have her missing from my life, but I know that she would want me to keep living life and to continue forward with my goals and aspirations.

My outlook in life has been to make the most of every moment that you have, whether you are spending it with family and friends, or at work, or by yourself, appreciate that day or hour that you have. Be thankful for all the people that are in your life, whether are they are still in your life or not, they are or were there for a purpose. 

Follow your heart and passion and surround yourself with people that believe in you and support you. Live your life as if there are no limits, smile at those around you and have the time of your life...

~ MCA




No comments:

Post a Comment